Plumbing involves installation of plumbing features and working to fix or replace these fixtures once they stop functioning properly or when they are worn out. Plumbers always ensure that a plumbing system is in a good condition and working properly. In addition, finding a las vegas plumber make sure that there is lean water for their clients for domestic use and consumption. Starting up a plumbing is simple since it is not a requirement to have a commercial office space .All it takes is travelling to clients’ premises when they need your plumbing services. However, there are some steps you need to follow when you want to start up a plumbing business.
- Signing up for an apprentice ship – This is a program that can be undertaken at a trade school with an aim to learning the functions of a plumber through attending classroom lessons and gets hands on experience training.
- Working as plumbing assistant – this will help you in learning the do and dons of the plumbing business before you can actually start your own business.
- Plumbing license- Obtaining a plumbing license is a requirement prior to starting up a plumbing business. This requires you to complete a form, pay the license fee and pass an exam. You can contact a commerce department at your state or get in touch with Secretary of State’s office to get all the relevant information you may need.
- Application for a business license –You can do this by contacting the department concerned with issuance of licenses in your city or any agency mandated with such responsibilities.
- Selection of the business location- In case you want a low overhead, you can set up your office in your home. Alternatively, you may rent a small office where you can set up an office desk, filling cabinet and a telephone.
- Buy equipment- the plumbing equipment you will purchase include drain snakes, wrenches, buckets, flashlights and rubber gloves. In addition, you will require a plumbing pump and a vacuum that will help in removal of solid particles and liquid.
- Purchase ads- you can do this by visiting newspapers and using phone directories in a bid to market the plumbing business you have just started. Signing up with a contractor who deals with referral services will help you by referring customers to you and by posting fliers in public areas. You can also give pout business cards that describe the services you offer too anybody you interact with. Further, you can contact businesses that compliment your business like handy men and electricians. Working out agreements by which referrals can be sent will be crucial before they can send customers to you.
- The final stage involves joining a plumbing association. This will help you to gain such things as attending free workshops, getting free advertisements and opportunities of customer referrals.